Santa Claus Stops by Oakhurst
01 Dec 2014 - News
He's making a list and checking it twice. On December 7th Santa Claus will stop by our own Oakhurst Lodge on Rock Creek Drive to help light the Oakhurst Christmas tree.
Mark your calendars!
The Lodge on Rock Creek Dr.
Sunday, December 7, 2014, 4:00-7:00 p.m.*
The Community Committee has prepared a wonderful welcome for Santa. There will be sweet treats, warm drinks and activities for the kids.
Instead of trekking to the crowded mall, kiddies and their parents can snap a picture with the jolly gent at The Lodge. Don't forget to bring your camera! Our volunteer staff photographer will also take free family photos.
Please bring a new unwrapped toys to donate to the needy children of East Montgomery County.
*Santa will enjoy taking pictures with your cats and/or dogs from 4:00-4:30 p.m. ONLY. Pets must be on a leash, vaccinated and well-behaved.
association board meeting - 11/20
17 Nov 2014 - News
*** REMINDER ***
The final association board meeting of 2014 will be held this Thursday, November 20th, 7 p.m. at The Lodge on Rockcreek Dr.
During the board meeting property owners' association business is considered and the board takes formal action.
This meeting is open to owners. All residents are welcome to attend. We hope to see everyone there!
halloween health and safety tips...
28 Oct 2014 - News
13 tips to know before you go!
- Swords, knives, and other costume accessories should be short, soft, and flexible.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. Always WALK and don't run from house to house.
- Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent possible skin and eye irritation.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Lower your risk for serious eye injury by not wearing decorative contact lenses.
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Enter homes only if you're with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Never accept rides from strangers.
- Never walk near lit candles or luminaries. Be sure to wear flame-resistant costumes.
For more information on Halloween safety:
- Halloween Food Safety Tips from the US Food and Drug Administration
- Halloween Safety Tips from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission
annual neighborhood garage sale this saturday
08 Oct 2014 - News
October 11, 2014, starting at 7 a.m.
It's time to get ready to sell!
Sellers, here is the info you need to know.
Annually, more than 200 homes have participated and 10,000+ people have shopped! Based on participation there is no need to sign-up in advance. If you want to sell, please do.
On the day of the sale, simply put balloons in front of your house to attract shoppers and let them know you're open for business.
Purple Heart will be at The Lodge on Rock Creek Dr. from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to pick up any remaining items that did not sell.
Oakhurst night out -- fun had by all
08 Oct 2014 - News
More than 160 individuals shared a burger with all the trimmings out on the back porch of the Oakhurst Golf Clubhouse last night.
From the fellowship with neighbors, the gigantic hamburgers, the beautiful scenery, and the safety information provided--this was an exceptional event.
Both the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office and the Montgomery County Constable's Office provided officers on-site to answer safety questions. The Constable's Office brought in a canine unit and their mobile command center for residents to access.
Thanks go to all the volunteers who coordinated this successful event through the Public Safety Committee.
A special thank you to our supporters from Oakhurst Golf Club who provided the adult beverages for this event... Thank you David Preisler!!
We'll see you all next year!
2015 hoa Meetings
association meeting schedule
- February 12, 2015
- April 9, 2015
- June 11, 2015
- August 13, 2015
- October 8, 2015
- December 10, 2015
All meetings will begin at 7PM in The Lodge Pool Clubhouse unless otherwise specified.
Please mark your calendars!
mud district #83, #84 and Porter meeting info
- Meeting locations & info
- District meeting minutes
an added sense of security when you go on vacation or out of town.
the Oakhurst newsletter
- Summer 2014 Issue
- Spring 2014 Issue
- Winter 2013 Issue
- Summer-Fall 2013 Issue
- Spring 2013 Issue
- Winter 2012 Issue
- Summer 2012 Issue
- Spring 2012 Issue
- October 2011 Issue
- Summer 2011 Issue
- April 2011 Issue
- Fall 2010 Issue
- July 2010 Issue
- March 2010 Issue
- November 2009 Issue
- July 2009 Issue
- March 2009 Issue