halloween health and safety tips...
28 Oct 2014 - News
13 tips to know before you go!
- Swords, knives, and other costume accessories should be short, soft, and flexible.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. Always WALK and don't run from house to house.
- Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent possible skin and eye irritation.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Lower your risk for serious eye injury by not wearing decorative contact lenses.
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Enter homes only if you're with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Never accept rides from strangers.
- Never walk near lit candles or luminaries. Be sure to wear flame-resistant costumes.
For more information on Halloween safety:
- Halloween Food Safety Tips from the US Food and Drug Administration
- Halloween Safety Tips from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission
annual neighborhood garage sale this saturday
08 Oct 2014 - News
October 11, 2014, starting at 7 a.m.
It's time to get ready to sell!
Sellers, here is the info you need to know.
Annually, more than 200 homes have participated and 10,000+ people have shopped! Based on participation there is no need to sign-up in advance. If you want to sell, please do.
On the day of the sale, simply put balloons in front of your house to attract shoppers and let them know you're open for business.
Purple Heart will be at The Lodge on Rock Creek Dr. from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to pick up any remaining items that did not sell.
Oakhurst night out -- fun had by all
08 Oct 2014 - News
More than 160 individuals shared a burger with all the trimmings out on the back porch of the Oakhurst Golf Clubhouse last night.
From the fellowship with neighbors, the gigantic hamburgers, the beautiful scenery, and the safety information provided--this was an exceptional event.
Both the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office and the Montgomery County Constable's Office provided officers on-site to answer safety questions. The Constable's Office brought in a canine unit and their mobile command center for residents to access.
Thanks go to all the volunteers who coordinated this successful event through the Public Safety Committee.
A special thank you to our supporters from Oakhurst Golf Club who provided the adult beverages for this event... Thank you David Preisler!!
We'll see you all next year!
REMINDER: Texas Night Out 10/7
06 Oct 2014 - News
The Public Safety Committee invites you to the Texas version of National Night Out on Tuesday, October 7th from 5:30p-8:30p.
Enjoy a great evening out on one of the best back porches in Oakhurst, as you enjoy a huge burger basket and meet new neighbors, all while overlooking the 18th green at Oakhurst Golf Club.
The focus of the event is neighborhood safety, so come learn how to make your home a safe place to live. The event will also give you a chance to meet your public safety section leaders, along with some of our security team members.
The burger basket with all the trimmings is $7.50 and includes iced tea or a soft drink. Your association will provide draft beer for adult residents. We had 200+ last year, so come out and make a new friend at this neighborhood safety event!
new home sales sizzle
18 Sep 2014 - News
New home sales continue to skyrocket here in Oakhurst and Auburn Trails. Sales YTD are 241 homes vs. last years 184 homes. As Oakhurst gets closer to being completed, Auburn Trails is picking up the slack with 123 new home sales this year vs. 70 at the same time last year.
New sections of Auburn Trails are opening up, and there are still opportunities within Oakhurst in Woodlake. The Greens, and Eaglewood Estates neighborhoods Tell a friend...we are the best kept secret in Kingwood!
2014 hoa Meetings
association meeting schedule
- November 20, 2014
All meetings will begin at 7PM in The Lodge Pool Clubhouse unless otherwise specified.
Please mark your calendars!
mud district #83, #84 and Porter meeting info
- Meeting locations & info
- District meeting minutes
an added sense of security when you go on vacation or out of town.
the Oakhurst newsletter
- Summer 2014 Issue
- Spring 2014 Issue
- Winter 2013 Issue
- Summer-Fall 2013 Issue
- Spring 2013 Issue
- Winter 2012 Issue
- Summer 2012 Issue
- Spring 2012 Issue
- October 2011 Issue
- Summer 2011 Issue
- April 2011 Issue
- Fall 2010 Issue
- July 2010 Issue
- March 2010 Issue
- November 2009 Issue
- July 2009 Issue
- March 2009 Issue