Association and Assessments

Q. Did I choose to become a member of the homeowners association?

A. No. Membership is not optional; you accepted it when you accepted the deed to your property in Oakhurst. Membership passes to the next owner when the property is sold.

Q. What are Deed Restrictions

A. All properties in Oakhurst are subject rules which place restrictions on the deed to your property. The rules, “deed restrictions”, were designed by the Developer of the community to preserve property values and to protect and maintain the quality of the neighborhood. A summary of the restrictions along with copies of the complete documents, are available for review or download on this website.

Q. What are the assessments used for?

A. Since Oakhurst is in an unincorporated area, there would be no municipal services nor amenities without collection of an annual assessment from each owner. A copy of the Association’s current operating budget is available for review on this website.

Q. Can assessments be paid over time?

A. Yes. Provided your account is not severely delinquent (more than a year), you may request approval for a pay plan by using the form designed for that purpose, downloadable from this website. While Association approval of, and conformance with, such a plan will protect you from further collection measures, please remember that interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance, and administrative fees will apply.

Q. What are “CAM Fees”?

A. This is a term we find penned on checks and correspondence. “CAM Fees” do not exist. Owners in Oakhurst pay annual assessments to Oakhurst C. A. Payments which are made out to “CAM” will only slow down the posting process, because they must be endorsed over to Oakhurst C.A.

Property Rights

Q. Who is responsible for repairing the fence between my house and my neighbor’s house?

A. Once a fence is installed on or near the property line, it becomes more-or-less jointly owned. As time passes, it doesn’t matter which side the pickets are on, nor who actually paid for the fence; rather it becomes the joint responsibility of the adjacent owners.

Q. There is an easement on my property. Is it my responsibility?

A. Yes. An easement is an area typically dedicated to current or future use by utilities. While they guarantee ingress and egress by the utility company, they are still part of your property, and they must be maintained by the owner of the property without restricting availability to the utility company.

Community Services

Q. Does Oakhurst at Kingwood have an official social media page?

A. No, official communication of community news is handled through this website or by contacting

Q. Who controls the terms and performance of trash pickup?

A. The contract is held by Oakhurst C.A., and the service is individually billed to each resident.

Q. Who is responsible for road maintenance, sign maintenance, and street sweeping?

A. These are the responsibility of Montgomery County. For road and sign maintenance, (936) 521-8919; for stop sign maintenance, (281) 577-8920.

Q. Who is responsible for streetlight operation?

A. Entergy, 1-800-ENTERGY. If you would like to report a streetlight out (or staying on in the daytime), please use the downloadable form found on this website.

Q. Who is responsible for security patrol?

A. The community is patrolled by officers of the Montgomery County Sherriff's Office who are under contract by the Association. If you need a peace officer, you should call Montgomery County Sheriff dispatch, at (936) 760-5800. For emergencies, you should still dial 911.

Q. What can we do to control loose animals, barking dogs, etc.?

A. You can report loose animals, nuisance animals, and/or maltreated animals to Montgomery County Animal Service Center, at (936) 442-7738. Provided you are certain of the address of the pet, persistently loose animals or constantly barking dogs may be reported to the Association’s office, and the matter will be pursued through deed restriction enforcement measures.

Use Restrictions

Q. Can the Association control vehicles parked in the streets?

A. Overnight parking on streets in Oakhurst is prohibited. Enforcement is normally done on a complaint-made basis.

Q. Are there restrictions on basketball goals?

A. Basketball goals must be kept in good repair or else removed from public view. Portable basketball goals must be removed from public view when not in use.